Software Architect (Full-time)
ProvenWorks is looking to fill a new, exciting, pivotal architect position within the UK!
We are inviting candidates with 4+ years of architect experience in a lead developer or software architect type role who believe they have high potential to drive success, but do be aware, we have high standards!
Software Architect Key Attributes
- Be enthusiastic about joining a UK-based, UK-owned “born-in-the-cloud” SaaS company where you can grow with the business.
- Have a strong passion for technology - this won’t just be work for you, it will be your idea of fun!
- Already be an exceptionally good developer and quick learner.
- Be based from ProvenWorks’ office on campus at The University of Reading in order to work closely with key full-time and part-time staff.
- Be autonomous with excellent time management and communication skills.
- Be willing to actively pursue relevant IT vendor certifications to show our clients that you’re a leader in your field.
Software Architect Responsibilities
- Stay apprised of the latest developments on the Azure & Salesforce platforms to identify areas of opportunity for improvement to existing and future products.
- Work closely with the Director of Product Engineering and Sales Team to remain continuously appraised of customer feature requests & pains with their current Salesforce environment.
- Having heard customers’ issues, present a solution to the CTO and/or Senior Developer before handing over to ProvenWorks’ international development team for implementation.
- During the development lifecycle be involved in code and final-solution reviews.
- Be a “player / coach” implementing parts of solutions yourself where necessary.
- With the assistance of the CTO and Senior Developer make time for bespoke customer requests.
- The architect will take ownership of driving new features from scope stages to delivery.
- Communicate progress to relevant stakeholders to ensure all parties are aligned.
Software Architect Technical Experience
- The ideal architect will have extensive experience of an Object-oriented language such as C# or Java or even better Salesforce Apex including associated leading web technologies.
- The architect will have studied and have used software design patterns.
- The architect will be well-read on best practices in the areas of test-driven development and source control, experience of Git and JIRA is a bonus.
- Any experience with Azure or alternatively AWS will stand you in good stead.
- Any exposure to the requirements of SaaS security compliance standards such as SOC2 or ISO27001 is an advantage.
Our office is located in the Reading Enterprise Centre on the scenic University of Reading campus which has been recognised as one of Britain’s top green spaces for nine years running. Along with free on-site parking, the campus is also within walking distance from a train station and there are direct bus routes into Reading town centre. If you prefer to cycle to work, we offer the cycle to work scheme. The office has an in building cafe and staff have full access to university campus dining facilities.
Pledge 1% - you’ll be entitled to 3 days of paid voluntary work. Help to gain relevant industry certifications. Company events. Company pension scheme. Flexible working hours.
Junior Cloud Developer (Part-time)
We’re looking for a junior cloud developer to join the team to suggest and develop improvements to our products. Primarily, you must be passionate about coding. The ideal candidate will be completely self-taught like the other developers in the team, and code as a hobby. Regardless of the languages and platforms you’ve used before, you should be able to quickly learn something new. While knowledge of bleeding-edge web technologies will give you a head start, it’s not required.
- Passion for coding and problem solving with very good attention to detail
- Shows self-motivation and willingness to learn
- Good work-ethic with ‘can-do attitude’
We are looking for self-driven and motivated students to join us for a year placement. Due to the size of our company, the role will depend on the needs of the business closer to the time. However, an example of the roles available include: Cloud Developer, Sales Administrator, Technical Support Agent.
To apply, you should email firstname.lastname@example.org attaching an up-to-date CV together with a covering email identifying why you would be suitable for a placement with us. Please note, you must be eligible to work in the UK.
Can't find what you are looking for?
If your ideal job isn’t listed, we are always open to new ideas and suggestions. Send over an email to email@example.com if you’d like to work for us!