Nonprofits are by no means left out of the Salesforce ecosystem. As the title of this article says, we’ll be looking into Salesforce’s very own Nonprofit Cloud, a cloud designed and dedicated to optimising nonprofits’ internal and external operations.
Stick around as we delve into the facts and functions of Nonprofit Cloud – you may just discover a new cloud to use or recommend!
What is Nonprofit Cloud?
Nonprofit Cloud is one of Salesforce’s stakeholder management solutions, tailored for charity and nonprofit organisations. Nonprofit Cloud enables users to connect every function of their nonprofit organisation (including but not limited to fundraising, marketing, operations, grants and donations), and holds all this information in one central place – Salesforce!
Within Nonprofit Cloud is the Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP). This is a set of managed packages that sits on top of your Salesforce org and is preconfigured for the types of use cases that nonprofits organisations need. NPSP provides users with custom objects like ‘Donations, Households, Organization‘*, etc, everything specifically designed for nonprofits!
How does Salesforce Nonprofit Cloud fit into the wider Salesforce ecosystem?
Salesforce Nonprofit Cloud was built with nonprofits in mind. However, this isn’t to suggest that nonprofits are in any way sidelined or prevented from scaling up with the full power of Salesforce. Since it’s built on the same world-leading platform, Nonprofit Cloud can work together with other clouds. For example, Marketing Cloud and Marketing Cloud Account Engagement (Pardot) can be added to Nonprofit Cloud to enhance its overall performance for effective donor engagement.
So Nonprofit Cloud integrates with other Salesforce Clouds and provides access to other powerful resources too. Here are some of our favourite Cloud combos, functionality and resources that work well with Nonprofit Cloud:
- Salesforce.org – The social impact centre of Salesforce.com, focused on “partnering with the global community of nonprofits and schools to tackle the world’s biggest problems.”
- Sales and Marketing Cloud– Nonprofit-compatible Salesforce Clouds that work to provide personalised marketing content and help you manage sales data.
- The Power of Us Hub – the portal for Salesforce.org product documentation, how-to videos, webinars, and community groups of all kinds… and the place to get 10 free nonprofit licenses!
- Marketing Cloud Account Engagement (Pardot)– is a marketing software as a service (SaaS) marketing automation platform for Salesforce to empower marketing teams.
- Digital Experiences– an external, interactive platform that sits on top of your Salesforce CRM to enhance external user experience. Check out our blog on Experience Cloud for more information!
💡 Top tip: Using Nonprofit Cloud can increase Total Online Giving by 130% through its donor centricity!
Why should you use Salesforce Nonprofit Cloud?
With Nonprofit Cloud, nonprofit organisations get a centralised stakeholder management hub for all their internal and external communication, interaction and monitoring. Onboarding and administration can also be centralised so donors receive a more personalised experience, plus, users can get a better overview of personnel management, such as volunteer data. Nonprofit Cloud is scalable, which means that you can grow your Salesforce implementation as your nonprofit organisation grows.
For clarity, here are the main benefits of using Nonprofits Cloud:
- Scalable, customisable and centralised;
- Sustainable and secure;
- Global access for users;
- Easily adoptable and user friendly;
- Free licence opportunities from Salesforce;
- The Power of Us Hub, a support hub that is Nonprofit Cloud specific with communities and how-to videos.
Salesforce Nonprofit Cloud and ProvenWorks in action
How can ProvenWorks, a Salesforce ISV, work with Nonprofit Cloud? First off, we’d like to highlight that nonprofit organisations get a discounted price for any of our paid solutions that take their fancy! Secondly, we love (we really mean it!) working with nonprofits. We won the Salesforce Partner Innovation Award 2021 in the Nonprofit category for our work with Malala Fund.
Our solutions work seamlessly with Nonprofit Cloud and empower you to:
- Import donor and recurring donations data easily;
- Verify address data from the point of entry;
- Ensure compliance for marketing calls to UK donors and partners.
Manage and organise donor data with SimpleImport
SimpleImport does what it says: it makes importing into Salesforce simple. Do you have volumes of donor data or recurring donations from external platforms that need centralising in Salesforce? SimpleImport and its intuitive Lightning component, ManagedImport, empowers you and your team to import this data quickly with a simple drag & drop. It’s quick to adopt and fast to use, so no vital time is lost from your nonprofit goals.
Verify and authenticate address data at the point of entry with AddressTools
AddressTools verifies your stakeholder address data to ensure only clean data lives in your org. Need a postal address format for donors, volunteers and partners? We’ve got you covered! Working with the UK Gift Aid process? AddressTools helps keep any manual updates within this process to an absolute minimum (<0.05%*) enabling efficient and timely processing of Gift Aid claims.
Ensure compliance for marketing calls to UK donors with PhoneTools
Cold calling donors or potential donors for your nonprofit? The UK has strict data privacy laws against cold calling, allowing UK residents to register to the Telephone Preference Service (TPS) and UK businesses to the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (CTPS). PhoneTools is a native Salesforce solution that screens your donor numbers against the TPS and CTPS lists to tell you directly if you can call that phone number.
So what’s next? The choice is yours.
You can either go back to the first blog in our Head in the Clouds series: What is Experience Cloud and what can you do with it? Or… you can access all the blogs in the Head in the Clouds series.
The world is your oyster!