Education Cloud is a platform built on Salesforce CRM aimed at the education sector, including schools through to higher education institutions like universities and colleges. This cloud is aimed at keeping students, alumni and staff connected.
Our blog will take you through the key aspects of Education Cloud to provide you with more knowledge on what you can do with this Salesforce Cloud, and more importantly, to decide whether this is the right cloud for you. Let’s get started!
What is Education Cloud?
According to Salesforce, Education Cloud is intended to ‘deliver the personalised engagements, proactive advice, and connected experiences students expect’. Education Cloud has a few extra benefits such as the Power of Us hub, K-12 focus, K-20 focus and Education Data Architecture. All of these features enable Education Cloud to better connect students, staff, schools, districts and universities, as well as give schools and universities a 360-degree holistic view of the education journey.
We’ve mentioned a few key terms for this cloud already so welcome to the glossary! Here we’ll define some of the terms we mentioned above.
Power of Us hub: A community support hub that helps Education Cloud users access 10 free subscriptions and find discounts on other subscriptions, products and services from Salesforce.
K-12: Refers to the term given to the school years for children from Kindergarten to 12th grade in high school. However, in this respect it shows the type of institution this CRM platform is aimed at, with the ability to scale as the school grows. It also acts as a ‘single source of truth’ for each student and their family with all their data held in one place, making it easier to personalize interactions between school, student and the student’s family.
K-20: Refers to the term given to the school years for children from Kindergarten right through to degree. This means that both K-12 and Higher Ed institutions can use Salesforce’s Education Data Architecture to create a connected holistic view of their students. For Higher Ed, this means giving universities a flexible way to ‘track dual enrolment, universal learner profiles and more’ with a focus on lifelong learning.
Education Data Architecture: This is Salesforce’s flexible architecture that provides the foundation of Education Cloud. It’s designed for higher education institutions to get started with Salesforce faster by providing objects, logic and automation tailored towards student data, program enrolment, alumni, engagement and more. This trail on Trailhead is a great place to learn more!
What can you build with Salesforce Education Cloud?
Salesforce Education Cloud is a set of functionality built on the powerful Salesforce CRM platform. This means that when you’re using Education Cloud to manage your data, support your students and create an online community, the world is your oyster!
Here are some real-life examples of things you can do with Education Cloud to enhance your student and staff experience:
- Streamline student services on one platform to deliver unified experiences
- Manage the entire admissions process
- Provide external users with an interactive and beautiful looking interface for all your community interactions – think student registration portals! Check out our blog on Experience Cloud to learn more
- Engage with prospective students, students and alumni with personalised marketing material to build lifelong relationships
- Create beautiful reports and dashboards on recruitment and admissions data
💡 Top tip: Using Education Cloud can increase enrollment by 10%
Why should you use Salesforce Education Cloud?
With students and families now expecting a unified online journey, having a system in place that facilitates more time on education and personalising the student experience and less time on non-academic needs is vital.
Since Education Cloud is student, teacher and family centric, it provides one single platform on which to manage and support the full learning experience, from admissions to alumni.
Put simply, Education Cloud:
- Enables you to give students and their families, prospective students and staff applicants a personalised and centralised journey for an optimum experience;
- Gives you access to Power of Us hub – a support community network;
- Secures an internal and external communications hub;
- Enables you to access 10 free licenses and discounted services from Salesforce;
- Is scalable, customisable and compatible with other Salesforce Clouds, integrations and third-party vendors to help you deliver an exceptional education experience for students;
- Is built specifically for schools and universities.
Salesforce Education Cloud and ProvenWorks in action
Education Cloud empowers the education industry with a world-leading single platform that adds great value to your institution. It creates endless new and improved opportunities for interactions between your students, alumni and staff.
ProvenWorks offers solutions that work seamlessly with Education Cloud to:
- Open up import jobs to external users simply and securely
- Empower internal and external users to in put verified addresses at point of entry
Open up importing jobs to your internal and external users safely
Regularly importing volumes of student-related data is time consuming, but it doesn’t have to be. SimpleImport empowers users and admins to quickly import files – XLS, XLSX, ODS & CSV – into your Salesforce CRM. No more wasting time on manual administrative tasks.
Empower users to provide verified address data from the point of entry
Ensuring your mailed communication gets to the right individual is crucial. Incomplete address data contributes to a poor admissions or student experience and increases failed delivery costs! AddressTools empowers users to enter verified addresses at the point of entry, even on student registration portals. Our solution solves your address data concerns, so you remain focused on giving students and their families the best education journey possible.
We’ve got more to come!
The next Salesforce Cloud we’re going to delve into is Nonprofit Cloud. Check it out now!