It is not possible, with standard Salesforce functionality, to allow digital experience users to import data to Salesforce.
SimpleImport is the only managed package in the Salesforce ecosystem that solves this common problem. Setup is quick and easy so continue reading to find out how!
We’ll look at both:
- the technical configuration (👋 hello admins, developers, systems architects) and
- the business value (👋 hello C suite, ops managers, other people who have been sent this link to review)
Why is it useful to allow partner users to import data into Salesforce?
Salesforce Digital Experiences (Communities) built on Experience Cloud have been growing in popularity. It’s easy to see why they’re so popular, since digital experiences can be used in so many contexts: partner portals, e-commerce sites, help centres and even franchisee hubs.
With so many different digital experience audiences come lots of reasons why external users need to import data into Salesforce CRM:
- Partners submitting deal registrations
- Franchisees uploading quarterly / annual sales information
- Retailers importing point-of-sale data
- Offices and field units reporting stock management
Organisations need a simple, fast and secure way to enable external users to import data in a Salesforce digital experience.
How to provide import functionality to a Salesforce digital experience
This is where SimpleImport comes in! SimpleImport is our exclusive-to-Salesforce spreadsheet data import solution.
SimpleImport is available on the AppExchange. Start your 14 day free trial and empower digital experience users to import data to Salesforce CRM.
Once you have installed SimpleImport, the steps are simple:
1. Configure an import ‘mapping’ for the partner data and save it.
- We‘ve got a handy User Guide to help you configure your import.
💡 Top tip: To make things easy for the partner, provide a downloadable template spreadsheet file that matches this import mapping.
2. Copy the import mapping ID.
The saved mapping results in an import mapping ID. You just need to copy the ID.
3. Paste the mapping ID in SimpleImport’s Lightning Component.
Place SimpleImport’s Lightning Component on your digital experience and paste the mapping ID to configure the component.
When it’s time to import, the partner users simply need to drag and drop their completed templated spreadsheet onto the component…
and that’s it… the import is done!
What are your other options?
Let’s take a closer look at one example. An organisation can use a digital experience for enabling partners to register multiple deals.
With standard Salesforce, the organisation has three options:
- Register these deals one at a time using the Deal Registration Global Action
- Add multiple deals to a spreadsheet and send them to an internal user to import
- Develop and maintain a custom solution
Empower partner users to import data in a Salesforce digital experience
SimpleImport is the only managed package in the Salesforce ecosystem that solves the problem of external users importing data in a Salesforce digital experience.
And if you need more convincing:
- Partner users can import their spreadsheet data themselves – no more relying on admins which can result in bottlenecked tasks!
- There is no onboarding time – partner users just need the spreadsheet and a drag and drop. There’s no more fiddling with CSVs. Users won’t even realise they’re using an import solution.
- You’re not compromising minimum-access security – don’t compromise the permissions you have in place. Limit object and field mapping access by user or profile.
- Imports take less than 20 seconds on average* (varies on the file size).
How much does SimpleImport cost?
We price our SimpleImport digital experience implementations on a case-by-case basis depending on:
- Number of digital experience users who will be importing
- Number of admins who will be managing the back end of the solution
- How frequently you’ll be importing
- Average size of file you’ll be uploading
That’s why we’d recommend scheduling a demo call with us to discuss your requirements and create an accurate quote.
Book a demo of SimpleImport
Do you need to empower external users to import on a Salesforce digital experience?
Check out SimpleImport for yourself on a live demo with one of our team.